Thanks for taking time and visiting my site. I’ve been a musician most of my life and through the years I’ve had the opportunity to play with many top artists in Puerto Rico. Ednita Nazario has been my main gig for 20 years now. Some highlights of her career include:
- Her album “Por Ti” was nominated for “Latin Grammy” award in the category “Best Album – Female Pop Vocal”, it was also nominated for “Tu Música” award in the category Best Album – Pop/Ballad (2003)
- Her album “Real” was nominated for the ”Billboard Latin Music Awards” in the category “Album of the Year -Female Latin Pop”; also nominated for “Latin Grammy” award in the category “Best Album – Female Latin Pop” (2008)
- Her Album “Soy” won the Billboard Latin Music Awards on the category of album of the year. She also reached up to No 27 on the US Billboard top 200 (2010)
- Since 2001 all of her 9 albums (studio and live) have reached the Number 1 spot on the Billboard Latin Pop Charts.
With her I’ve played countless gigs and recorded a lot of great music. The albums I think best capture what we do are the live DVD’s and CD’s. So far we have made 4 live albums and 3 have been nominated for either a Grammy or a Latin Billboard Award
- Acustico Volume 1 (CD) 2003 Latin Grammy and Latin Billboards Awards Nominee (Latin pop album of the year)
- Acustico Volume 2 (CD) 2004 Latin Billboard Award Nominee (Latin pop album of the year)
- Here is a video from the tour:
- Apasionada Live – Tour 2006 CD and DVD
- Real en Vivo – Tour 2008 CD and DVD (Billboard Latin Music Awards Nominee – Top latin album of the year)
- Here is a song from the Real en Vivo live DVD
As of this moment her new album “El corazon decide” is already on the top of the Latin Billboard charts. She is nominated on the top female latin artist of the year category at the 2014 Latin Billboard Awards. Also, we are preparing for our 2014 tour due to start on May 9, 2014 at Coliseo de PR with many dates already booked. There is also the possibility of once again, recording a live CD/DVD set for this tour.
I started playing drums back in 1980 and it has been a wonderful journey. I was fortunate enough to attend Musicians Institute in 1990 and studied with Joe Porcaro, Ralph Humphrey, Casey Scheurel, Dave Beyer, Chuck Flores and Efrain Toro. At graduation I was awarded the “Best Hand Technique Award” sponsored by Sabian Cymbals. When I got back to Puerto Rico in 1992 I started giging around town and a year later in 1993 did my first gig with Ednita Nazario and I’ve been with her ever since. Some of the people I’ve worked with are: Glenn Monroig, Beto Cuevas (singer of world famous Chilean Band La Ley), Sugar Hill Gang, multi grammy winner Olga Tañon, Luis Fonsi, Robby Rosa, Franky Suarez and Friends, Ramon Vazquez, Lourdes Robles, Ricky Martin, Yaire, Millie Corretjer, Wilkins (recorded the live DVD Unplugged), Jose Feliciano, Papo Lucca (recorded the album Latin Jazz) Roberto Rohena, Lucesita, Danny Rivera, Nydia Caro, Cachete Maldonado, Danilo Perez, Julio Sabala, Idale, Radio Pirata, Rene Farrait, Deddie Romero, Elias Lopes, Luis Rojas (recorded the album Vampiros, Angeles y Vagabundos) Jorge Laboy, Lunna, Cucco Peña, Antonio Barasorda, Angel Carrion (recorded the album Sonidos Urbanos), Ana Baiana, Martha and the Vandellas, Tito Nieves (recorded tracks for Asi Fue), Lissette, The Shirelles, Latin Grammy winner Charlie Sepulveda, Santana’s conga player and Grammy nominee Paoli Mejias and many other projects.
I also started working with indy rock bands MUGRE, ONGO, and Vy. With MUGRE we started recording our first album and our first track tittled Rock n’ Roll is featured on Batiscafo Indie Compilation Volume 22. With ONGO I recorded their new upcoming album “ONGO V” due next year and with Vy I worked on their first album and at this moment I’ve finished five tracks for their next project. The first album from Vy was selected among the best 25 indie rock records in Puerto Rico for 2013 and the track Breed In was among the top 50 rock tracks from 2013. Breed In was also featured on Batiscafo Indie Compilation Volume 19.
In 2013 I started teaching at Conservatorio de Artes del Caribe, one of the only 19 music schools in the world that are members of the Berklee College of Music International Network. Also as a drum teacher I’ve had the honor of being able to teach some of today’s top talents in Puerto Rico that are making waves not only here but all over the world: Some of my students have included:
- Oscar Santiago: percussionist with Puya, Ankla and many others, currently touring with I’ll Niño. Oscar is one of the most important metal / latin percussionist at this present time incorporating traditional percussion (congas, timbales etc) into the metal mainstream.
- Rubby Martinez, drummer with Daddy Yankee and Prince Royce.
- Obed Cora, drummer with top record producer Tommy Torres.
On the media page you can find videos and audio tracks from various projects, and of course Ednita.
You can write me an email at email@example.com
Once again, thank you for your time!